Latest News

MEET THE CAMPUS BOY MAKING MILLIONS. THE ART OF TAKING ADVANTAGE OF LICENSING

I had been seen adverts of Heroes Technologies severally on the social media. Not once did I imagine a company that seemed so thriving could be owned, and managed by a second year University student. Since it is in the heart of us here at Lets Shine Africa to keep you informed on opportunities in the business world, I took it upon me to dig a little about Heroes Technologies. 

I made a visit to their offices and requested to talk to anyone in authority. There, one of the several sales people directed me to the manager’s office. Once in, I was welcomed by a young man who at first I mistook for an assistant. His name was Henry. When he comfortably set on the boss’s chair, my senses realized I was talking to a big man and not a mere boy. He was very composed and jovial too, occasionally cracking jokes and smiling confidently as he narrated to me his story. I asked him a few questions that gave me a picture of who he was and what Heroes technologies did. Here is a summary of that interview I did on him.

Who is Henry?

I am a student, and a business man. I am a second year student at J.K.U.A.T doing Bsc (Information Technology).  I am also the founder and manager of Heroes Technologies. (he smiled)

Tell me about Heroes Technologies,

Well, we are licensed resellers of E.T.R (Electronic Tax Registers) machines; we also offer other services like business registration and doing returns for businesses, and supply laptops and computers. The company has ten sales people, whom are paid on commission, we are in our third year and from the look of things, we are doing great.

How did Heroes come in to being?

Everything that is good can only come from hard work and creativity. I was working with a company that is in the E.T.R business one year after I finished my fourth form. The owner, who happens to be my mentor, liked me very much as a sales person. I was doing better than anyone. I approached him one day to talk about my salary, the commission was so little and the retainer of ten thousand a month could barely afford me comfort even with my many sales. He agreed to raise my retainer by two thousands but refused to talk about the commissions. I was dissatisfied. I thought about it overnight. The following morning I was in his office. I was quitting, that is what I told him.

Henry paused, sipped water and then continued,

He asked me whether I wanted to share with him his profits so that I could continue working for him. He was becoming irritated by me I could tell. I told him I wanted something that could reward my efforts proportionately. I suggested to him the idea of a reseller. I said it just lightly because I did not expect him to buy it but funny enough he did. He just could not let me go. I used my salary for that month to register Heroes and that is where we begun.

Where do you see Heroes in the next ten years?

I can tell, with the East African Community, I am sure we will be in the region when it comes in to being. Once they harmonize the taxation policies I believe there will be bread for us and family.

We talked a lot, some of his challenges especially how he balances studies with management. His story is of a business minded young man who utilizes the art of licensing to his benefit.  Licensing has been used by intelligent business people around the globe to venture in to businesses that are less competitive and even more rewarding. You just have to identify the opportunity when it comes because such opportunities are not always present. This calls for us to be always informed and follow what is happening around us and around the globe. I wish you a always informed new year 2015 in advance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets Shine Africa Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by johnwoodcock. Powered by Blogger.