Latest News

You Call This Wrong? Why Bribes Are Here to Stay!

Wait a minute! For two days we were in a black out (I mean power black out) and a section of our neighborhood had lights on. Several attempts to contact emergency department of the power and Lightning company both offline and online proved fruitless and here came the third day.

Desperate at night we hear a company technician climbing a pole next to my house and I said pheeewx..finally! The next thing I hear are my neighbors kids shouting Hurraaaah but we are still in the dark.

Going to check whether he forgot, I found out that he had guts to say nimelipwa na huyu hapa. (I have been paid only by him). Other curious neighbors desperate heard him say that they will have to wait over a week for the emergency team unless they pay him for the fix.

Most of them started handing over one thousand bob each and lights started going on one by one. I sent Kenya Power a tweet to lament but what they tell me is to report that technician to a nearest police station or send them his names(which is the right thing to do) but this guy is a "hero" who came to save the neighborhood where the right thing should have been done first and fast by the company.

I dont know his name and the nearest police station will cost me twice what he wants inorder to fix my power as fuel there and back, by the time I will be back, I will be the only one in the dark and probably be the blacksheep in my neighborhood. Who is to blame?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets Shine Africa Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by johnwoodcock. Powered by Blogger.