Latest News

What if we Adopted the German Working Culture

 I am one person who is keen when it comes to culture. I love experiencing different cultures given the opportunity. Just like the social culture different countries have different working culture I guess that goes to explain the different economic growth which is directly or in directly influenced by the culture.

From what I have to come to learn about different cultures I have learnt to accept, appreciate, and hopefully some day when I experience that culture I will adopt to it. I have learnt that when it comes to culture we cannot look at one culture and say it is better or worse than ours.

The article below explains a bit why the German economy seems to be on point, some of us may frown upon parts of it but what I like most about it is that the German working culture tends to separate work from personal and social life.

http://knote.com/2014/11/10/why-germans-work-fewer-hours-but-produce-more-a-study-in-culture/
Looking at it from an employers' perspective definitely it is a good thing especially when it comes to use of social media in the work place or anything personal related are locked out at work.
From an employees' perspective it is good that they respect your personal life and space.

If some of us were to be shipped to Germany to work we might have a hard time adjusting to the culture especially if you are the type who appreciate small talk or let me use the word social, you may find your workmates to be cold but you can't blame them it is what their culture dictates. Well for those of us who like to keep their lives private I think such a culture will fit us perfectly.

All in all culture is meant to be appreciated and not critiqued and judged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets Shine Africa Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by johnwoodcock. Powered by Blogger.