Latest News

IS THIS WAR AGAINST MY GOVERNOR OR AGAINST CORRUPTION?



I am one of those people who digest issues slowly, occasionally chewing cud, so that I may synthesize promises finest for ease of my minds digestion.  As such, am ever against jumping to conclusions based on one part of the story.  Men of reason must weigh issues, unlike the frog in the chameleon’s tale, they must wait for the things to unravel. You must listen to the rapist and the victim before you utter any valid verdict. I have employed many words to explain why I had to buy time watching the unfriendly international ‘friendlies’ before I commented on this war on corruption ‘we’ have begun. Come to think of it, who am I to comment anyway? I consider myself the grass upon which the battle is fought or am I the victim? Confused as I am, the Ambitious Mwananchi.

First, since Kenya ‘ni yetu sisi sote, na si ya mama ya mtu’, i am entitled to my opinion. Sincerely, I don’t know what entitlement to an opinion means but I understand it's a phrase that can apply in this context. What I know, as a public fact, is that people were too fast to congratulate the president for commencing the war on corruption. Me too. The news excited me so much and a friend of mine, Alfonse, another ambitious mwananchi am telling you, ordered a fried fish to facilitate the celebrations. But walking to my place I thought of the nationwide celebrations, is it righteous to celebrate the start of a war? I had heard the story by the president; I had to listen to what the opposition thought of the matter.  For I, with other drunken wananchi had previously performed a similar naked dance, celebrating the death of another mwananchi who had been painted an enemy of the people by the media. The opposition presented their awaited argument yesterday.

Their case, however, just like the previous counterarguments they had presented, had some traces of truth and self-centered arguments that make an exceptionally powerful cocktail of influence. “We are been targeted, some people are being considered as 'more equal' than others, tell us about the land, the legal process was not followed", and many other familiar presentations made to ensure that the government does not deliver on anything. Remember every undelivered promise is an important talking point for the opposition come 2017. Yet their claims may, and in my view, are true to some extent. What's for us then, where do I stand, the Ambitious Mwananchi?

Here is my verdict on this contentious case. I believe my verdict agrees to the interest of the millions of other Ambitious wananchi who take the story as told. Regardless of who is being fought, let the war on corruption continue. By the wit of a former Speaker, this extraordinary situation, as every political situation is extraordinary, must refer to an extraordinary historical or tale situation for solution. I prefer the tale of the wildness in coming up with a conclusion. Is it not to the benefit of the antelope that the war between lions is fought to death? That one lion dead means higher chances of survival for several other anxious antelopes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets Shine Africa Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by johnwoodcock. Powered by Blogger.