Latest News

Things that make US president Barack Obama get mad

Are there things in your life that get you shout on somebody or even beat them up? Some ladies will get mad when they get you poaching your hand in their handbags while some guys will get mad on you if failed them in making a deal.

US president Barack Obama also has things in his life that make him mad, Reggie Love a 26-year-old   who was then-Senator Obama's right-hand man during his first presidential campaign in 2007 shares this things in his new memoir, "Power Forward: My presidential Education”, and among the things are;

1. Losing Obama's wallet and briefcase
In 2007 after a fundraiser in Florida, Love accidentally misplaced then-Senator Obama's Tumi briefcase containing his keys, wallet, credit cards, and notes he needed for his coming debate in South Carolina.

Fortunately the team that Love notified was able to recover the Tumi briefcase and send it with a campaign member who was also en route to watch the debate in Columbia.

"When we landed in Columbia, I was feeling a modicum of relief, believing maybe disaster had been averted, maybe this would all resolve without any drama, and it was precisely at that moment that the candidate turned to me and said, 'Hey Reg, where's my bag?' I went with, 'It's on its way.' ' What do you mean 'on the way? ' he asked. 'It's coming from Florida,' I said. 'You left my briefcase in Florida,' he stated, incredulous."

Once they arrived at the campaign office, Obama asked for a private room so that he could have a meeting with Love.
With a calm and "even and firm" voice, Obama began: "Listen, Reggie, I think you're a great guy. But, (Obama paused and leaned forward) if you're not up to doing this job, I can get someone else to do it. You have one job and if I have to worry about all this stuff, then you're not making it easy for me to do my job.

2. Overbooking Obama's schedule
In December 2007, Obama's schedule was filled with back-to-back campaign events that ran over the allotted time limit. Love was responsible for informing various organizations that the candidate would be tardy but was unable to do so.
"Obama turned to me and said through tight teeth, 'Reggie, this is messed up.' And I, cracking from the day and the stress and the hours still left to go, stupidly replied 'Well, if you didn't stay so long at the luncheon, we wouldn't have this problem.' The air went still. It was like that eerie calm before a tornado swoops in and levels your entire house. Nobody said anything."
According to Love, Obama then turned to aide Marvin Nicholson and said "Marvin, talk to Reggie because I am not having this conversation with him."



This are two among the four things that made Obama too mad, catch up the rest two in part 2 of this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets Shine Africa Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by johnwoodcock. Powered by Blogger.