Latest News

Let us celebrate the real heroes among us

I as a child I was a fun of fairy tales not just for the obvious reasons but because there is always a hero who defeats the villain so that formed my picture of who a hero should be.
As I grow up I continue to learn that real heroes are not the ones on action movies or in fairy tales, real heroes live among us. Real heroes are the parents who have raised us but the heroes of this world are the parents who decided to stay and raise their disabled children. Having school with a person suffering from hydrocephalus (of course at between 6-14 years I didn't understand what it was) I have come to understand that raising a child is tough but raising a disabled child is not only tough but challenging and those challenges are what make some parents leave their children behind or worse still lock them up.
Over the past one month I have been meeting this woman taking her child to school you may ask what is you unique about this child? She is suffering from cerebral palsy and we know how much attention such children require, the other day I met daughter and mother grocery shopping and I was touched. I said to myself God she is doing what she can for this child may you continue to bless her and meet her need for her daughter's sake.
Real heroes rarely get noticed because they don't get photographed or publicized we pass them by while walking daily.
So who is your real hero?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets Shine Africa Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by johnwoodcock. Powered by Blogger.