Latest News

FOR THE VICTIMS OF GARISA ATTACK



While I was all smiles by the death bed of corruption preparing her eulogy, the diversion that came was so calling that I was forced to stare at the television for hours, lips immobilized. The Garisa attack left I traumatized, and for comradeship I would have abandoned my toothless bleeding pen for a gun at the slightest encouragement. My spirit is still dampened and I can’t help but mourn for the lost souls, with fellow comrades who feel the heaviness of this loss closest. I am reasoning too, wondering whose responsibility it was anyway. As a matter of fact, I am looking for specific individuals and institutions I can put the blame on. For a coffin due to negligence must rest on someone's shoulders. Unfortunately, the potential people I can rest this coffins on have worn scary visages, as if telling me, “dare point a finger at me!”

So I move past shifting blames to pray that the God, who listens to all equally, rests the souls of fellow comrades in peace. I am aware too, that God genuinely knows whose responsibility it was, and will act responsibly because He must remain faithful. I pray that God shall also focus on those particular individuals who planned the attack, that He exposes them in the open for us to see them before we pronounce our inhumane judgement upon them. Importantly, let God forgive us because such a people we cannot find a place in our hearts to forgive. Sincerely, I would not want to leverage God, but I pray that He acts soon because stern warnings aren't working, and the fear within will move us to abandon our faith if He doesn't. And as for my brothers and sisters, I know we shall meet someday for sure. It's sad that you had to leave us so soon, and all we can say desperately is, “we loved you, but God loved you more” yet deep in us we feel that someone must have done something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets Shine Africa Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by johnwoodcock. Powered by Blogger.